Saturday, June 12, 2010

No, I'm not the world's slowest reader...

I literally haven't picked up my book in a week! I know I shouldn't be making excuses but I have been working A LOT this week plus I just started watching Dexter on Netflix and naturally I've made my way through 2 seasons in a matter of days. That show is good! I think I want to become a forensics investigator...

Unfortunately season 3 is not available on Watch Instantly which means I will have to wait until the DVDs come in the mail. On the upside I will have more time to read. Don Quixote is actually super funny so far - the guy really is a total idiot! It should be an entertaining read, as long as I get buckled down.

So I'm going to give myself a deadline. (Mind you this book is a BRICK.) I leave for Idaho with the BF's fam on July 2nd, which would be the perfect time to start my next book. And if I haven't finished it by then, then I'll consider myself no brighter than the Don himself. This gives me about 3 weeks...here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. I think - I hope - that it becomes far more than just an entertaining read. I think you'll find that Don Quixote's silliness becomes quite poignant and even tragic. What price do we pay when we follow our dreams, no matter how silly they sound to others? You'll see this type of duo - crazy Don Quixote with his loyal but more down-to-earth sidequick, Sancho Panza - appear in many books through the years. Just look (once again) at Harry Potter - sometimes HP seems to be tilting at windmills, but he has loyal sidekicks, Ron and Hermione, rescuing him and bringing back to reality (when it is necessary).

    ReplyDelete